NHS local is a range of digital services that provides the West Midlands region with easy access to news, information, tools, support and services that help people to manage their health and further support frontline healthcare workers to deliver high-quality, innovative healthcare services.
It provides networks and forums putting citizens and staff in touch with others who have similar health goals and challenges.
Rewired was appointed to support NHS local with its marketing initiatives during a three month period. We were tasked with developing a marketing and communications strategy which supported Phase 1 of NHS local, and implemented targeted activity to drive people to the service.
The main objectives for the marketing campaign were to:
- Communicate the main benefits for each target group
- Provide the necessary tools and information required to help target groups become brand champions for the service
- Drive traffic to the website
- Increase awareness of the NHS local brand
- Engage stakeholders, influencers, content providers, ecosystem partners, citizens and staff to gain support for the service
Rewired worked out a detailed activity schedule which incorporated everything from organising and attending events to producing e-newsletters, to proactively targeting key stakeholders and the press.
During the three month period Rewired supported NHS local, Rewired:
- Devised a comprehensive marketing plan
- Attended 13 different health-related events with promotional material
- Established a branded e-newsletter
- Secured interviews in key publications
- Briefed a design agency on an advertising campaign
- Devised creative concepts for several PR and marketing campaigns.
The activity completed resulted in an increase of visitors to the service and to its social media pages and consequently an increased awareness of the NHS local brand.